Pastoral Support (P.A.C.E)
C entre for
What is Pastoral Care?
Pastoral Care is concerned with the promotion of pupils’ personal and social development and the fostering of positive attitudes. Through the pastoral care arrangements and provision, a school demonstrates its continuing concern for its pupils as individuals, actively encouraging them to be secure, successful and fully participating members of the college and of the wider community. Pastoral Care is also concerned with preparing pupils for the demands and challenges of adult and working life.
We firmly believe that happy students are successful students and at Fort Pitt Grammar School we do our utmost to create a caring, sympathetic and inspiring environment in which the students can thrive.
With a committed pastoral team each pupil is supported and encouraged to grow socially and academically. They are given opportunities to develop self awareness and self confidence, along with undertaking responsibilities which will equip them for adult life. We aim to broaden the students’ aspirations and remove barriers to their achievement.
We aim be a forward-looking community where all students:
- achieve their personal best.
- are nurtured within a safe, happy and supportive environment.
- grasp opportunities at every stage.
- provide expert care and support when needed.
- learn respect for themselves and others and accept their responsibilities as global citizens.
- are encouraged to develop into confident, well-balanced, intellectually curious young women ready to face the challenges ahead.
- Importance of form tutoring
- Raising aspirations
- Fort Pitt Values
The team is available at 8am-4pm Monday to Thursday and 8am-3.30pm Friday. It can be contacted via the main school number (01634 842359), followed by the extension 2360.
You can contact us out of hours on the following email address, which will be picked up as soon as possible the next working day: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of Sixth Form Support can be viewed here.