At Fort Pitt, we believe that successful and happy learning starts with self-respect. Accordingly we have high expectations of how our students should behave and present themselves at all times, wherever they may be.
All students in Years 7-11 wear the school uniform and are expected to take pride in their appearance. This attitude of self-respect does not start at the school gate, but should apply at all times that a student is wearing the Fort Pitt uniform, including the journey to and from school.
The following list provides details of what constitutes the correct school uniform. It is non-negotiable, and any persistent failure to comply with it will lead to appropriate sanctions.
Girls should wear:
- A navy blue blazer with school badge and house colours (given to all new students on their first day).
- A pink-checked, open-necked, short- or long-sleeved school blouse.
- An official, navy blue, pleated school skirt, which must measure no longer than 6cm below the knee and no shorter than 6cm above the knee. Please note: the pleats are stitched down at the top of the skirt.
- Navy blue trousers (straight-leg style).
- A navy blue, V-necked, long-sleeved sweater, with the school logo on the left-hand side. (Official sleeveless sweaters are also available if required). Jumpers are optional .
- Plain white, navy or black socks or navy, black or flesh-coloured tights, with no patterns
- Plain black shoes: this means no platform heels, stilettos, sling backs, trainers, boots or canvas shoes, and no heel higher than 4cm.
- Black or navy blue coat. All coats must be plain and display no prominent logos. For more details about speciality clothing for PE, Art, Science and D&T, please consult the separate uniform leaflet issued with the admission paperwork once a place is offered.
ALL UNIFORM IS AVAILABLE FROM THE ‘SCHOOL TIME’ SHOP IN CHATHAM.
- Phone: 01634 831684
- Website: www.schooltime.co.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: School Time, 23 Railway Street, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4HU
Jewellery and make-up
Jewellery is not allowed, apart from a watch and one small stud (no larger than 0.5cm) in the lobe of each ear. Facial and body piercings are not acceptable and should be removed whenever a student is wearing school uniform.
Hair should be of one natural colour and conventionally styled: coloured, beaded or shaved hair is not permitted. Please contact the school if you are unsure as to what is acceptable; we will be happy to advise and help you to avoid unnecessary expense.
Make-up is not allowed in Years 7-11.
Parents are asked to note these basic rules and to support the school in maintaining high standards of appearance. We would ask that you check with the school before buying anything about which you have doubts, to avoid unnecessary expense.
Please Note: The School cannot take responsibility for the loss of staff or student personal property.
- Small sums of money should be kept on the student at all times or stored securely in a locker. On occasions such as PE lessons, students should hand in the purse to the appropriate member of staff.
- Large sums of money should be handed in to reception for safekeeping, if it necessary for them to be brought onto school premises at all.