We are seeking to appoint a highly effective individual to join our Local Governing Body from May 2017. We need a governor who has the ability and time to challenge and support Fort Pitt’s Senior Leadership Team in order to secure outstanding outcomes for all our students and ensure the continuing success of the school. Our new governor will embrace our ethos & vision and will be committed to enabling the school to inspire students and raise their aspirations across all aspects of their schooling before they graduate into the local, national and international worlds of education and employment.
To be a successful member of our Local Governing Body, you will be expected to:
• Attend all governors’ meetings. These consist of three full governing body meetings per academic year and three committee meetings. These take place in the late afternoon
• Visit the school on a regular basis to challenge and support leaders on key aspects of their work and the impact they are having
• Attend a range of school events
• Be available during the school day to sit on various governance panels as needs arise
Prospective governors should be willing to:
• Quickly learn about school performance data and national expectations
• Commit to developing a highly academic school curriculum
• Acquire an understanding of how to increase the proportion of A*-A grades
• Contribute ideas about how to raise the aspirations of all students and families so that they strive for more and believe in their own abilities and capabilities
• Gain a strong command or understanding of school finance
In return, we will offer you:
• the chance to have an impact on the future of Fort Pitt
• a comprehensive induction programme
• an incredibly supportive group of governors and school leaders
• a personalised training and mentoring programme
• special invitations to school events
• the chance to work with other governors on a wider stage through our proud membership of FPTA (Fort Pitt Thomas Aveling) Academies
For an informal conversation about the role and related responsibilities, please contact
Mrs M Cogger, Chair of Governors at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to arrange a time.
We would welcome expressions of interest from prospective governors by Friday 10 March 2017 at noon. Please submit a CV of no more than two sides of A4 and a covering letter outlining why you would like to be considered for this position and what you would hope to achieve as a member of our Local Governing Body.