Safeguarding at Fort Pitt
Fort Pitt Grammar School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff. We seek to provide a safe and secure environment where children and adults will feel confident about sharing any concerns they may have about their own safety or the wellbeing of others.
As a school, we recognise that safeguarding against radicalisation is no different from safeguarding against any other vulnerability . All staff are expected to uphold and promote the fundamental principles of British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect, and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
All staff undertake training each year so that they are aware of the following key things:
- The steps they must take to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students with whom they are in contact;
- How to respond appropriately to disclosures and concerns;
- How to make appropriate decisions and take appropriate action in a safeguarding situation;
- The rules concerning confidentiality, and how to record and share information;
- Changing responsibilities in the area of child protection;
- Where to find the Fort Pitt Grammar School safeguarding policies.
Mrs H Gordon
(Designated Safeguarding Lead)